The Fairfield Church of Christ is a body of Bible-believing Christians who strive to follow the Lord in all we do. Our goal is to equip the saints here in body, soul, mind, and spirit from the cradle to glory.
Bible Classes for all ages 9:00 AM
Worship 10:00 AM
Wednesday Night 7:00 PM
Small Groups meet throughout the week
at the building and at members' homes
2200 Fairfield Avenue
Fairfield, CA 94533
Office (707) 425-2373
Preacher Dwight Perry
HISTORY OF THE FAIRFIELD CHURCH OF CHRIST
The church was established in Fairfield mainly due to the influence of Pervis and Marie Leewright. The first assembly of about 20 people met on January 2, 1949 in the Community Building of the Waterman Park Complex. The church continued to meet there until 1955.
In 1955 the Fairfield Church of Christ opened the doors of its own building at 1127 Clay Street. The building seated 200 and had 8 classrooms.
With slow but stady growth, in 1957 the congregation had approximately 75 members. At this time they started making plans for the church's first missionary effort. Harold Helf and his family were sent to Pistoria, Italy. In 1962 the Truman Scott family exchanged places with the Helfs.
By 1964 the congregation had outgrown the Clay Street building and purchased a little over three acres on Fairfield Avenue. On January 2, 1966, the church met at its new facility which would seat 400 people and had 15 classrooms.
In 1967 the first elders of the congregation were installed: H.B. Darnell and Bobby Sparks. Adrian Dukes and Otis Harper were appointed deacons the following year.
Truman Scott, who had been on a missionary trip to Italy, returned in 1972 and resumed working with the Fairfield church, becoming an elder in 1974 along with T.R. Atkinson, Bob Bounds and John Gibson. Other men who have served as elders include: Al Coburn, Ray Johnson, Wade Vanderdasson, Tom Hardy, Sam Smith, Tracy Nelson, Lanny Partain, John Reed, and Stan Sanderson.